Sunday, September 12, 2010

How Do YOU Feel About Chick-Lit???

I was reading past posts on one of my favorite blogs, Pink Lemonade Design, which is run by Isabelle Lafleche, whose debut book, J'Adore New York, is out in December( I can't WAIT!). I came across a post of hers that had a link to an article about how just because a book is all fluff & fun, doesn't mean it is stupid or should be looked down upon just because it is chick-lit. I wholeheartedly agree. Chick lit for women and teens is my favorite genre, and the style of the genre helps relax me at the end of the day. In my personal opinion, you can't hate something if you have never tried it, so I think every woman should try at least one chick-lit book in their lifetime. She might end up hating it, or she might, suprisingly, find a new obsession. What do you think? I would love to here comments! And here is the link to the article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2010/aug/05/chick-lit-debate-michele-gorman?CMP=twt_gu Enjoy!


Hugs & Best Wishes,
Elizabeth

5 comments:

  1. There is nothing better than a great book to relax with at the end of the day! So nice to meet you Elizabeth! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like with any genre, I think it depends on the book. I loved The Devil Wears Prada, but I was bored to death with Last Night at Chateau Marmont. Not only are they both chick lit, but they're both by the same author. You never know, so it's best not to judge a book by its cover...pun intended. Please check out my blog, bagpoor.com, when you get a free moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizabeth,
    Thanks for becoming a follower of Fashion is my Muse! I read J'adore New York - there is a review of it on my blog.
    I like to read chick-lit in the summer or on a holiday when I am looking for a light, refreshing, upbeat read. But like anything, too much of it and I feel sick.... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    joining u after finding u on another blog and now following.

    I could not be with my chick lit. It takes me away from my dull life for a while.
    If I have read a heavy (for me) book I like to follow with a Chick lit. Not that it is any easier read at times because u have to keep up the pace with some of these books, with the fast flow and twists n turns.

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Elizabeth,
    thanks so much for following my blog.. always lovely to meet new people around the world!!! Your blog also looks very interesting.. I'm always in for good books!!
    Good luck with all! Love, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete